Logging Into Traffic Shaper
Last updated on November 30, 2020
After your Platform Development Manager sets up your account, OpenX sends you an e-mail with a UI link and temporary password. Click the link and log in. Then, reset the password to one that contains:
- at least eight characters
- at least one uppercase letter
- at least one lowercase letter
- at least one number
Your new password cannot match any of your previous five OpenX passwords.
Navigating the Home Page
When you first log in to OpenX Ad Exchange, the Home page is displayed. Use this tab to view various performance metrics for your business units, traffic sets, and ads, including:
- Total Impressions: Total number of impressions filled with your ads.
- Spend: Your total advertising spend.
- CPM: Average CPM you have paid for ad space.
- Clicks: Total number of times users have clicked your ads.
- CTR: The rate at which users have clicked your ads.
- Click the calendar icon to select a date range for the metrics (your OpenX Platform Development Manager can configure its default setting). Date ranges are based on the instance time zone. For example, if your instance time zone is Eastern Standard Time (EST), metrics are displayed in EST even if you are located in the Pacific Standard Time (PST) time zone.
- You can include multiple metrics in the graph. For example, click Total Impressions and Spend to view both of these metrics in the graph.
- The Current Campaigns table displays the status of your traffic sets with their specific performance metrics. You can export the table to Excel, CSV, or PDF.
Information displayed on the Home page depends on your account configuration.
Viewing Account-level Blocklists
When setting up your account, your PDM works with you to block domains and categories. Account-level blocklists are defaults for all traffic sets, but you can override them when setting targeting criteria for individual traffic sets.
To view account-level blocklists, click the Admin tab and then click one of the following tabs:
- Domain Blocklist
- Category Blocklist